Facebook

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Winter love, Winter food and Winter city

Marriage, like Lentils and living in a big city, was something I had never thought I would get used to.
I change my mind about New York when I saw the city from the top of the Rockefeller Center, the New Year’s Eve when my husband (by then FiancĂ©e) proposed to me... some three years ago.
From then on, I was a devoted fan of this amazing metropolis and all it had to offer.
Even so, I miss my Caribbean weather… more now that we’re in winter; but New York has grown on me... whatever that means.
Regarding marriage… it took being in love with my husband to make me change my mind about that one.
I was always this independent spirit, never ready to be ‘dominated’ by the male inhabitants of the world, but now, I found it exciting: two people, together, as one.
They say you get used to your wedding ring, but I hope that’s not true.
Since the day I changed from Miss to Mrs., it’s a proud trophy that I carry with me everyday – except when I visit my family in Argentina… security is not one of this country’s major assets -.
I’m where I’m supposed to be. 
I’m happy, I’m content. I’m fulfilled.
As lentils go… I’m still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment