Facebook

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Be patient... or not

Patience it’s an alien concept for me.

Rather you're patient, or you aren't: there's no in-between.
When reading a book, I sometimes need to scroll down to the end and then I’ll be able to continue reading; knowing that the hero or heroine of my story are having a happy-ever-after ending.
Books are one of my hobbies, and even though I know it’s like an assassination to the whole process of reading a novel, I just can start in the first page if I know that the ending wouldn’t be as satisfying as I expect it to be.
My twin sister and I share this curse.
Even with movies, I have to ask: - How does it end? -
My friends think I’m crazy and they don’t want to spoil the experience for me, but thank god for Google and the “spoilers alert” when reading reviews.
I always look for those because they’re sure to tell you if you’re headed for disappointment.
This particularly impatient side of my personality is not always reflected only on my hobbies, but rather all of my life.
I love surprises, but I prefer to know them ahead of time.
I know: contradiction alert!
 I do my research if I suspect of something; that’s why my husband could never surprise me when he was living abroad and tried to visit me without me knowing of it.
I’m a sucker for romantic gestures, but most of the time I predict them before they happen, so they don’t have the same effect on me.
My husband can usually work his way around my impatience and we’ve gotten to a point where if he asks me NOT to ask him something about anything: I hold my end of the bargain; even though sometimes it costs me my sanity.
What can I say: I wasn’t born in this world to die of a ‘surprised’ heart attack.
So there you have it: I read non-stop, but I always have to know the end of the books, I go to the movies, but I always read the “spoilers alerts” before paying for my ticket and most importantly, I’m never ever going to be caught off guard with a surprise… the last time that happened was when I got engaged, and let me tell you, it wasn’t an easy feast to work around my astonish face and create a reasonable thought to answer one of the most important questions in my life.
Needless to say, I’m NOT looking forward to anything out of the ordinary to make my life exciting.
I just looove happy “everybody knows about” endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment