Facebook

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Life is a roller coaster"… uhh?

Have you heard this particular tacky line more than once in your life?
I have… and let me tell you, it’s all wrong!
This past weekend we were with my two ‘big’ little brothers at Six Flags.
They love theme parks and since that one in particular has the fastest and highest roller coaster in the world (Kingda Ka)… the phrase ‘running towards the entrance’ doesn’t even begin to cover the excitement they had when we arrived.
If you had the experience of riding a roller coaster you’re familiar with the previous building excitement that becomes pure adrenaline when you’re almost to launch off, the expectations about the length of the trip and the steep falls… not that I know anything of it, I couldn’t master the art of ‘food holding’ with my stomach so ‘Six hours into the Cyber Café’ was MY theme park.
But nevertheless, I know second-hand the exhilarant emotion that comes with a roller coaster… no bad feelings, no sad moments… even the drops are funny!!
It’s not like you’re thinking: ‘Nooo!! Here comes the fall, let’s start preparing for the worst’
When you plunge down into the empty air you’re screaming your hat off, eyes open, prepared for anything that comes next… the drops are the astounding parts of the experience!!
So, regarding that particular phrase, I think that the ignorant that wrote it, didn’t know S#*T about life or roller coasters for that matter.
Life for me it’s like a family barbecue: you have the juicy, tender steaks, the warm roasted potatoes, the Italian sausage… but you also have the disgusting liver and chewy kidneys, the lettuce salad or the afterwards indigestion… those are real reasons to cry over for!!
Don’t you think?
I’m institutionalizing the phrase: Life is a barbecue… enjoy it! (while it last).

No comments:

Post a Comment