Facebook

Monday, August 30, 2010

The perks of having Jane Bond in your family tree

I don’t know if you know this, but I have a twin sister.
We’re pretty much alike regarding appearances; same eye color, same hair color, same skin color… different weight though, if I loose some pounds, she gains that same amount of pounds, so my theory is that we’re always weighting the same when together, the matter comes when we’re weighted apart, when I gain, she looses and vice versa.
Must be some mystery regarding identical twin sisters that only presents itself in our case, but nonetheless, we’re pretty similar concerning looks.
Regarding other areas however, we’re not so alike.
I’m more of a business driven person, always looking to get the “next best job” and trying with all my might to become a billionaire (millions aren’t enough); while she is the doctor-to-be of the family, whit several years ahead still to produce enough (if any) money to sustain herself. She’s not rich… not yet… and probably never unless she specializes in cardiology, oncology or face-lifts. Medicine it’s not the type of career you go into in order to make money right away; I’m pretty sure that if you break down her shifts into hourly rates, every receptionist in the Hospital makes more money than she does.
However, she’s happy and this, my friends, is something that it took a while to get.
I believe it is better to live your own destiny faultily than to live an replication of somebody else’s life with flawlessness; my sister in the other hand, spend several years trying to comply with everybody else’s wishes, rather than her owns.
But now she has started living her own life; defective and clumsy as it may look, it resembles her now… in detail.
She would kill me when she reads this but she has boundary issues... with everybody.
Or maybe that’s not fair to say.
To have issues with restrictions, one must have boundaries in the first place, right?
But she disappears into the person she loves. If she loves you, you can have anything from her.
You can have her time, her dedication, her money, her family, her dog, her dog’s time, her dog’s devotion...
If she loves you, she will carry all your sorrows, she will assume for all your debts, she will defend you from your insecurities… your family’s insecurities… your pet’s insecurities.
You get the point.
She will project on you all sorts of good qualities that you never actually cultivate in yourself; for in her eyes you’re the best there is!
So being her sister and allowing her to love me is like becoming the Queen of the most beautiful and richest country ever existed; but if you’re not too careful, you can deplete her of her energy and leave her spent; because she can’t honestly stop being her extra-giving-self.
So to all my sister’s friends, love ones, family and companions, beware that if you don’t GIVE in the same amount that she gives you, and as uninterested as she gives you… you’re probably dead by now; surely killed by me in a most unpleasant way – drowned in the sink or hanged with your shoelaces or skin shaved with your dog’s nail trimmer – don’t hesitate to call me if you have any doubts; my assassination services come with a full informative package for my soon to be targets.
Regards from my sister’s privately hired, widely confessed, assassin (for free, of course... with her income she can't even keep a turtle and their 100% lettuce diet).

No comments:

Post a Comment