Facebook

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Manso "The Holligan"

We’ve a dog in Argentina; he’s called Manso, which in Spanish means tame.
This is an irony on itself because our dog is a Hooligan.
Our pets don’t behave like they KNOW; rather they behave the way they’ve LEARNED (not necessarily well) to behave.
Manso "the Holligan" learned to bark, be rude and incite fear on every visitors.
I stay at my home in Argentina at least two times a year.
This guy knows me and my husband, but every time we arrive at the door and press the ring bell, we have to be careful not to be eaten in pieces because he’s barking and chewing at the steel bars trying to get to us.
I’ve resourced to soothing voices, calling ahead so someone can wait for us at the door, but most times, Manso it’s the dictator at the door, barking away like a stressed/high dog.
He needs a daily Valium dose. That would be my prescription to make him normal.
In the mean time, I’m sure he’ll continue to be a thug.
A thug/hooligan/ruffian called “tame”. 
This is the weirdest paradox ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment