Facebook

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An antibiotic that doesn't exist, an erupting volcano (and not of gas), Boston and the city of Amsterdam... that's what you missed on: ME!

Sorry for the delay, I was dying to write about my amazing life; however the timing was always awful.

My husband and I traveled to Boston for his Master’s graduation. Considering that being in enclosed spaces while in inactivity makes me nervous, a four hours trip unable to move brought all of my impatience afloat and I could hear in my husband’s voice that he was resisting the urge to strangle me… strangely I get this a lot… I’m still alive so his endurance is admirable.

We attended a Stand-Up comedy event (which I found quite therapeutic) where a 40 year old mom beat the tears out of our eyes and was even funnier that the two leading male comedians (www.momicillin.com); so much for boring household anecdotes.

Then I traveled to Amsterdam for 4 days. Planes make me nervous also (what else is new?), but the fact that I don’t know the Flight Attendants in a personal manner prevents me from pestering them as I do with my husband.

Amsterdam was grey, a bit dirty (considering the garbage piles in every corner) and full of canals (Venice is a dry land in comparison). The most shocking thing where the “Coffee Shops” where instead of having a variety of coffee grains offered to you, you could have a decent “flight” without even bothering to go to the airport.

In my return flight I stopped in Iceland and I got a glance of Eyjafjallajökull… You expect that a volcano’s name would be easier to remember than this engulfing of letters forming an unpronounceable word. Can you imagine in the state of an emergency?:

RUN!!! Ey… Eyja…. Eyjakallajul… uhh??? THE F&^%ING VOLCANO IS ABOUT TO ERUPT!

Colossal error in name choosing let me tell you.

Between the road trip to Boston and the overseas flight to Amsterdam, I arrived at my house jet lagged, bored of restaurant food, tired out of my mind so the only thing that I could offer my husband was complete and utter silence.

A woman’s silence is wonderful to listen to… I think my husband would agree on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment