Facebook

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Beautify-Me process or Hard-Core movies?

I’m heading to Boston with my husband for his Master’s graduation ceremony and then I’m traveling to Europe for a work thing and I’ll be out of my house for several days, without the luxury of my dear manicurist, pedicurist, blow-dryer, hairdresser…

You really started believing for a minute that I was fretting about beauty, didn’t you?

Don’t you know me long enough to recognize that I don’t have that particular gene in my feminine contexture?

Nevertheless, since I’m traveling tomorrow, I needed to “re-touch” my natural and immaculate beauty (attained with several layers of concealers and age rejuvenating products that set the word “natural” out of the sentence) with a visit at the Nail salon.

As usual, I’m out of time and a lot of things in my To-Do list, and the most important of those DO things is going to the movies with my husband to see the recent premier of Iron Man 2.

I’m always complaining every time we decide to go to an action film because that’s the way it’s supposed to be!!

I can’t possible enjoy Terminator or Hulk or Transformers, I need to make him feel miserable and to appreciate my sacrifice, so when the next Chick Flick arrives at the box office, he must definitely take me (or else).

But, who am I kidding?

I love the thrill of the scenes, the explosives and bullets, but most importantly, who can resist a beautifully formed 6-pack on our hero’s chest? (No offence to every beer belly out there).

So this afternoon I need to head to the manicurist but at the same time, I cannot miss the movie with my husband!

Well, if it comes to a point where I shall decide the most viable and needed choice… please come find me at the Lincoln cinema, in the IMAX theatre, seated next to my husband, enjoying Iron Man 2.

Don’t reprimand me; I’m not your typical gal.

PS: After we enjoyed a night out, with dinner and a movie, I had to get home, make the bag for the trip, wash my dog, paint my nails and blowdry my hair... at 2 am in the morming I realized that Beauty is a tough price to pay for an Action Film.

No comments:

Post a Comment