Facebook

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to my routine… well, more or less

My first days at home have been pretty slow, and I’m not referring to the fact that we’re back to our habitual non-vacational schedule but to the fact that I move like a turtle… in slow motion… so you can imagine the little things I’ve accomplished regarding the unpacking, arranging Christmas gifts… even laundry takes me a ton of time!
I’m unable to floss my teeth without wincing as I put my arms up to my face, or bending to pick up something without looking incapacitated.

Even my dog has realized that I’m not my usual self because he’s not expecting me to feed him every morning, nor change his water… he just waits as the hours of the morning pass and I’ve only consummated menial tasks and not yet arrived to the kitchen.

I’ve a constant rumbling in my stomach (can’t say that I blame the poor guy because he hasn’t received anything worth digesting in the past few days) and I cheat hunger with a huge cup of tea and some toasts, pouring cereal or lifting the milk jug it’s too difficult to manage so I cry defeat without even trying… so much for my Italian heritage and super woman Latino force.

My husband has been helping all he can while I’m recovering…

I receive him seated on the couch, waiting for the door to burst open at six pm and with a to-do-list in my hands. He runs around our home and tries to comply with my petitions… I say “tries” because, let’s face it, it’s not an easy task to satisfy your grumpy bossy wife yapping away while she’s laying on the sofa and you’re doing all the hard work and she’s still using the “sick” card to evade housewife duties.

I've already read two books, saw all my TV series, applied to a hundred jobs, wrote like four more postings in this blog, uploaded new pics from our trip in Facebook, emailed, skyped, chatted, bossed around and I’m still bored out of my mind!!

I can’t wait to be back in full-mode-me… I think my husband is hoping for it to be soon, because if not, I’ll be a homeless, dogless, husbandless post-op recovering patient, with a authority complex and a cranky mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment