Facebook

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Prepping for a job interview… more difficult than the interview itself

I don’t have an established routine to drive me through the day… this is a permanent fact for us, unemployed people, so I try to cope with “unscheduled” on a daily basis.
Most of the time I don’t even know what day is or if it’s already lunch-hour or time to prepare for dinner or if my husband is almost arriving or not even close to.
So in the particular day when you have an appointment for a job interview, I start to prepare two days prior to the big event.
First I cleared my agenda (housekeeping and “housewifeing” are tasks for another day) and made arrangements to do my nails.
As I arrived to my usual salon, I couldn’t decide in what color to wear.
Is it light-pink too plain? As a marketing professional, do I need to stand out with a red color… a burgundy? Tough decision when you’ve to decide on a nail polish, it’s a choice that will live with you for the remaining seven-days of the week and it has to combine with your clothes during that period.
I opted for the red one, because I’m blond, and because we can… blonds I mean…red is our most engaging color (excuse the immodesty… someone has to brag for me)
After the salon, I came home and moved my whole closet to the bed… not that I have a lot of “working professional clothes”, but when you don’t use them that often, you kind of forget them and don’t remember what you have… so, to enlighten my head I tried a handful of combinations, choose the most promising ones, and then I exhausted four hours putting everything back in place.
When my husband came home, he found me doing a modeling show in front our tiny bathroom mirror (we’re definitely investing on a head-to-toe mirror soon) and trying different make-ups and styles.
He helped me in the final stages of the decision-making-process (talking sophisticated helps with my interviews) and I went to sleep with a knot in my stomach and a small prayer tucked under my pillow.
Safe to know that everything went splendid! Hope this is the one!
I will not change the name of the blog, but I’m really hoping that this would be my year!!
Married and soon to be employed greets you from NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment