Facebook

Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm coming home baby

Well, me, the stitches in my belly, two pillows for my pain, four overweight bags, my purse, the laptop case, and of course, my dear, loving, best-in-the-world, strong as a horse, husband.
Because, you know that when you’re in a post-op (with twelve stitches I might add) is humanly impossible to carry anything other than yourself and the clothes you’re wearing, because God forbid that I end up with a rupture in my wound and a huge scar in my stomach… okay, maybe I’m blowing this out of proportion considering the finger-tips sizes of my cuts, but nonetheless, like I always say: Safety first!... well, not always but in this occasion, I’m sure it was worth it.
So there I was, standing all by myself in a huge line in the airport, holding my belly to make it look completely real, and there he was (my husband, I mean), surrounded by bags, cases… you name it!
I was feeling for him… not that much, but enough to want to help him, so in my solidary soul, I search all my inner strength and I grabbed… my purse.
What were you expecting?! I’m a post-op patient; there should be rules against doing any effort at all!!… I’ll check into that for next time, not that I want a next time… just saying.
The positive news is that I never was a Tote-bag kind of girl, I always preferred the clutches, small purses… so if for a minute there you were getting worried for my health, a two pound bag wasn’t all that bad, I think with all the dieting I did after the operation, those two pounds were only a reminder of my weight four days before… so, no biggie!!
Thus, with my small purse and my husband’s goodwill to move our entire luggage during our waiting time in line, we finally arrived to the check-in point at the Airport.
I’m not a big actress, but I definitely learned how to lie in my adolescent years, so I put my best victim-in-pain face and I positioned myself in front of the airline’s employee.
The New York – Buenos Aires – New York route is really busy on this time of the year, so it’s a long shot to receive anything more that what you paid for.
Remembering Jerry Maguire’s movie, I said to her: What can YOU do for ME? (I think it was the other way around in the movie, but… who cares) and as a hocus-pocus spell, we were moved to the first row of the plane, with enough room to stretch our legs and near the aisle for my always demanding bladder.
Twenty hours and a connection flight later we got home with the need to be in a horizontal position, on my comfy bed.
So long throbbing pains, take these pills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment