Facebook

Monday, February 15, 2010

After Saint Valentine’s Day: all romanticism goes down the sink and you’re back to your regular routine.

As Saturday came to an end, midnight arrived with the starting of a new Valentine’s Day, accompanied by adorable remarks and warm embraces (at least for me, who lives with my better, or other half)… and most of all, the promise of a day filled with mushy love!
My husband and I decided not to give presents to each other… we didn’t talked about it, but as we had made numerous additions to our home’s décor, it was a mutual arrangement to let this one pass and just enjoy the actual meaning of the day: to be together.
As a personal resolution, he decided to accompany me to the cinema and watch the “Valentine’s Day” movie, which was an over the top chick-flick being launched that weekend (so you can imagine how packed the cinema was), but he managed to swallowed all his manhood (as other eighty guys in the theater) and sit by my side in complete and utter silence while I ohhh… and ahhhh… during the two hours film.
He even bought me my favorite frozen yogurt (a praiseworthy chore, considering the freezing temperature outside) and abstained to do any wicked remarks of the movie’s plot or girlie dialogues after it ended.
All in all, it was a regular day for us… minus the chick-flick, and the valentine thing, and the frozen yogurt, and the softie remarks… because, you see, after midnight that Sunday, Cinderella’s carriage was back to being a pumpkin and all the soft feelings that men tend to show during those special occasions, were hidden back again under layers, and layers, and layers of manhood and testosterone (Men.Are.Such.Putz!)
Quite, peaceful Valentine’s days are overrated… I prefer to unleash my exhilarating and joyous self (at least, once in a while) to do crazy stuffs… Prepare for 2011 my dear hubby!!

PS: when my husband starts to read this blog, I can picture his face, completely unimpressed by my wisdom… men!

http://www.valentinesdaymovie.com/#/home

No comments:

Post a Comment