Facebook

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

You can sell everything on Ebay… maybe not your unbearable relatives, but the rest, I’m sure it’s manageable!

Since I moved to the US, I’ve become an expert in selling stuff online…
You name it: books, luggage, lamps, used shoes (can you believe that there’s people that buy them? YUCK!)… Everything can be sold in the magnificent online market that’s Ebay.
As you gain good reviews, your score goes higher and you get to sell cheaper, longer and securely… I have a 100% feedback (the best there is); this gives me the advantage to be perceived as trustworthy from my buyers.
My most bizarre experience was when I sold a pair of Tod’s yellow shoes, too small for my husband, which had been used at least two times.
I still can’t picture the guy who received the item using them; I mean, does he wears them with two pairs of socks? Disinfectant?
It’s not that my husband has smelly feet, I can vouch for that… but the buyer didn’t know my husband, or his hygiene freakiness, or my cleaning compulsions… so, we could have been the most disgusting people in the planet selling used shoes, and he still would’ve bought them.
Not cheap either… I think he paid more than $150 for the pair; he won the bidding with eleven other buyers… eleven other people that were ready to wear my husband’s used Tod’s yellow shoes; not a soft, light yellow either… a vivid yellow, so strong that you could become blind just by staring at them.
I really mean it when I say EVERYTHING!.
Last week a sold my Aunt M.’s used luggage. It was in really good condition and we received $215 for the transaction, only 30% cheaper than the new item in the stores.
I think we ripped the guy off.
Are you convinced now?
Ebay is the best market there is for selling all your junk, there are people buying a bunch of weird stuff, old, new, used, damaged, second hand, incomplete sets… it’s been documented the sale of a small town in the United States also; the guy was stupid enough to believe that he could buy a whole town, with the people living in it, and their houses, on Ebay, without propriety documents.
Me in particular, I don’t plan to buy nothing used in the near future… I’m just planning to sell…
I love this country!!.

www.ebay.com

1 comment:

  1. Amiga me fascinan tus ocurrencias. Tremendo blog para cuando uno quiere algo ligero, comico y divertido pero a la vez inteligente y witty como dirian los gringos. Te extrano mucho boluda y espero que sigas vendiendo mucho por ebay! TQM! Nicks

    ReplyDelete