Facebook

Monday, March 1, 2010

How to master the finest art of concentration, no matter the circumstances

Last week I had the amazing opportunity to visit one of the MoMA’s temporary exhibitions.
I’m not a museum fan; after a while I get kind of bored and just pass the art like parked cars on the street… indifferent and fast.
But this particular exhibition was of Tim Burton. For you who know who he is, you can imagine the exhilarating experience that was to stand face to face with a human size statue of Edward Scissorhands; or to actually see his sketches for every character that he had created; or get totally in love with his style and colorful imagination.
That, for me, is interesting art… the worth seeing kind of art.
Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate art history, Monet, Picasso, Goya… but modern art is more in line whit what I like when I visit a Museum or Gallery.
Now, the downsides:
You, frequent readers of my blog, know me well enough to expect a criticism in this experience… and you’re not mistaken!
PEOPLE.
That’s my main inconvenience when I go to a museum, or gallery, or the subway, or pretty much every public place in this over populated island…
They’re “public” places, but I preferred them deserted.
And if I’m always to endure overpopulated places, I preferred them to be quiet and tranquil; is this too much to ask to the never ending tourist masses and Manhattan residents that share with me the common areas of this city?
I’m now becoming an expert in “Public Places Concentration Process” (as I refer to), where I shush every sound around me, forget about the mingling people and focus only in the task at hand… in this case, to enjoy a fantabulous exposition without the annoying interruptions of my fellow museum visitors.
Luckily, after the “MoMA + Concentration – People – Sound = Tim Burton Rocks!” experience, I got together with my friends and grabbed a bite in a small Mediterranean restaurant near the museum.
During “Restaurant Week” we had enjoyed (me and my girlfriends) almost every type of food, in excellent restaurants for the cheapest prices.
I love NYC!

http://www.moma.org/interactives/exhibitions/2009/timburton/

http://www.figandolive.com/

http://gonyc.about.com/cs/restaurants/a/restaurantweek.htm

1 comment:

  1. Pili!!
    que suerte que tenés!! jaja!! acá desde el lugar menos lindo del mundo, quisiera estar ahí, en ese MoMa que amé y quisiera visitar todos los dias!!
    You don't imagine hoy lucky you are!!
    cada vez que te pase eso, pensá el las que moriríamos por estar ahi!!
    Son los PROS y los CONTRAS de vivir en una de las mejores ciudades del mundo!!
    te mando un beso enorme!!!

    ReplyDelete