Facebook

Monday, March 22, 2010

9 days and an epiphany later…

I started working, and although the commute time was a torment, moving around a schedule was comforting nevertheless.
My husband didn´t get to spend much time with me, but at least I was working with a goal in mind: to prove myself and (hopefully) ascend into the marketing position that I´ve been waiting for so long.
However (and there´s always a however in my life lately), things didn´t went as planned… I love my life, it´s all worked out so I never get bored of it!
My sister was getting married so I had to book a three days trip to Argentina, an eleven hour flight to get to the bottom of the hemisphere.
I started to get the “please… it´s only one favor” requests (as I like to call them)… all the last minute requisites of my dear family members and friends who don´t understand the significance of carry-on and short trips.
The four “twilight series” books, because apparently, in Buenos Aires you don´t have bookstores… a pair of shoes because after eight months of searching, five days before my arrival my friend realized that Nine West was the answer to all her prayers, an iPod speaker because my cousin´s girlfriend´s birthday was coming up (it seems that 30% cheaper it´s an incentive to ask for technological products made in the US), a mattress cover for my dear sister that can´t make a stop in a Sealy store and decided to shop online and make her twin sis bring it all the way from the Big Apple, underwear for my other cousin that only likes North America made boxers… jeez, don´t you people have any restraint??
I had to carry a luggage the size of a car seat, huge enough to support all this paraphernalia and work my poker face in the Customs area of the Buenos Aires Airport to avert their attention elsewhere, because I was sure to pay taxes if they swipe my bag through X-Rays.
Finally, "my job époque" ended after only nine days when I had the epiphany that Marketing was my dream job and if I decided to diversify elsewhere, I wouldn´t be able to keep looking for what I really wanted; because three hours commute time and eight hours shifts can´t possibly help you to make time for job applications.
I have a few more working days until they find a replacement, I´m back to being UNEMPLOYED (in capital letters… luckily I never changed my blog´s name), the trip to Argentina was embarrassing, everybody kept congratulating me for my job and I had to explain that I quitted… nine days and an epiphany later…
I mean, how bizarre is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment