Facebook

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Married, currently employed (FINALLY)… who would have though that abiding by a schedule again was going to be so difficult

Avid readers of my blog… well, not so “avid” because my writing has been slow, I know; but there’s a specific reason for that.
Since last Tuesday I’ve started working, due to privacy issues I’m not able to specify my duties or my work place, you would have to just be happy for my achievement and allow me my secrecy… or you can just assume that I’m a big time player in a major company, fine by me!
Well, it’s not a HUGE achievement, only a small one, but let us hope for the future.
My schedule is suddenly full, I have to even organize my time to wash my hair, or go to the drycleaners, because… you see, never mind that I live in one of the posh islands of the US, or that in this particular island, every major company has offices here, with a bunch of people working in them.
I've managed to get a job, one hour and thirty minutes commute time from our home.
Isn’t that wonderful? (There’s sarcasm here, trust me!)
So I’ve to get out of my house, fifteen minutes before the train is suppose to depart, have a 40 minutes ride, then take a twenty minute bus ride and finally, arrive to my work place.
You don’t see it from where you’re standing, but today, New York City has awaken with torrential rains and strong winds… and I have awoken with a gloomy temper and cero strength to get my butt out there, to the soaked streets, the soaked air, the humidity, the cold (yes, we’re still managing the low temperatures, even thou spring it’s suppose to be around the corner) and, most importantly, the one hour and thirty minutes ride to work.
Please send me strength from wherever you are!

Note: don’t get me wrong, I’m psyched to earn a salary and have something to do… just not in this particular day.

Note 2: No, I’m not going to change the blog’s name… I kind of like it! Don’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment