Facebook

Monday, June 14, 2010

The "Inactivity" individual vs the Vamp Woman

Sunday was my first relaxing day after 2 weeks of non-stop activity.

It was a rainy day and my husband decided to invite me to a Yankees game, however, I found the perfect excuse and showed my generosity by offering my spot to my brother-in-law who’s here on vacations (I’m such a considerate person!); so I gratefully stayed while they went along to the stadium, hammering rain and all.

I mean, I love to do stuff with my hubby, but let’s face it; I’m not such an outdoors type of person and for me, the most appealing thing to do (ever) is to be wrapped like a blanket-burrito with the A/C in full blast and a movie playing in my computer.

At one point, my eyes where getting tired and I threw myself (gracefully positioned, doesn’t fit my profile) over the sofa and let my legs dangle over the arm, the position on which nature intended music to be listened to, and I played my favourite artists on my iPod.
Slow music on a rainy day has to be considered the most remedial treatment to be invented by mankind: it’s free, it doesn’t involve drugs (prescription type people!) and you get to do it at home.

By 5 pm, I was a new and improved person, my mood was back on superior mode, I had tons of energy (whoever said that endorphins only get produced while exercising never tried my inactivity therapy) and on top of all that, I had the free time to continue reading my books.

The down size of all this laying around is that once you get back to a fast paced routine, your body requires extra time to accommodate to the new hysteria around you; so today I was feeling dizzy just by driving in my car towards the office.

While the city, traffic jams, people, cars, stop-lights and chaos unravelled around me, I made a mental note to find out if bright colors can cause nausea…

With a sudden realization, it hit me: I become a “vamp” during these therapeutic processes.

I continue to live among common people without the need to feed on blood (rather on coffee and cheese cake) and the sensibility to light and noise and chaos, for the next two hours or so, until I’m back to my normal self: still an inactivity lover; but grateful for summer and vivid colors.

Regards from your recovered "Forks" girl, who’s not a vampire, rather a quiet-type-of-Sunday individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment