Facebook

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The usual shpeel from me to you

You assume that with my uninterrupted pause over my writing since last week, that I had the most boring week ever… as usual, you assume wrong.

First of all, I went from being in a job for no more than 9 days to having a promotion in no more than 2 months… you heard it people: I’m a big top shot business woman; and as my brother –in-law put it: I will not stop until I’m in the Forbes list as one of the most influential women in the world (or in my house if it’s more doable... I know when to compromise).

Then I received my mother’s visit.

We don’t have one of those typical "mother and daughter" type of relations. We don’t see each other very often because of our different living locations and when we do see each other is usually to try and NOT to kill each other in the process (mainly me killing her) and have a good time with the remaining time left between the greeting and the killing part.

I’ll be honest though, this time the wind was blowing exactly right and we actually managed to have a good time (I can see the surprised faces of my sisters now, almost spraining their faces while reading this) so no blood or murder-type confessions to make.

My routine is pretty much the same. I won’t bore you with my commuting time, assassination impulses, ranting episodes or deprived sleep behaviour… as I told you since the beginning of the post: this is my usual delivery from your perfectly balanced and sane employed, housewife, to my dear reader who after Facebook, emails, BB and WhatsApp, manages to save time and read my incoherent thoughts.

Well, I can always give you my Crayola so you can paint your world and make it interesting and pretty… However, my world is going to get the looks of its owner, so go get your own blog!

PS: If you’re planning for a night out to laugh your guts out in the Big Apple, don’t miss Cirque Du Soleil’s Banana Shpeel… not your usual Cirque, nor your usual theatre event either, rather a mixture of a stand up comedy and clowns… or better yet: a stand up comedy for clowns! (No… not you).


Banana Shpeel: www.CirqueDuSoleil.com/BananaShpeel

No comments:

Post a Comment