Facebook

Friday, June 11, 2010

Monday… Tuesday… Thursday… Wednesday… Friday… Sunday… Saturday

Don’t take The Godfather as the Bible; it DOES matter what day of the week is.
Today started as a regular Friday: getting up earlier than usual to avoid all the vacationers that leave town in the weekends and decide to use their cars only in that particular day.

I didn’t have my lunch ready so I grabbed a yogurt and a fruit for the whole day (I started to see little bright lights in the screen near midday); all for the sake of leaving Manhattan with the first commuters that understand the precious time and patience that one wastes on a traffic jam.

However, twenty psychos decided to collide head-on with each other and packed the highway with tow-trucks, police cars and imbeciles that have enough free time to stand there and watch while the destroyed vehicles are being towed away.

A four-lane highway reduced to a one-lane street translates as the wonderful idea to fit the ocean in a fishbowl... impossible.

If it takes me 75 minutes to get to work every day, today I drove for 180 minute at an ant-paced velocity, with my mood decreasing every two seconds.

While I was standing in this 6 miles long lane waiting for my turn to finally be free of the traffic jam, I made a note of all the unuseful quotes that The Godfather has to offer:

- “monday tuesday thursday wednesday friday sunday Saturday”: can you please explain to the guy that Monday and Friday are not the same?? Jeez!!

- “Leave the gun. Take the cannoli”: Give me the gun! I want to shoot something!!... Leave the cannoli, I don’t get hungry when in “assassination mode”.

- “I make him an offer he won't refuse”: I wouldn’t stay in a traffic jam no more than five minutes, doesn’t matter what you could offer, my patience wouldn’t take it.

- “Go to the mattresses”: What is a mattress has to do with anything? The mattress makes me sleepy, no fighting when I’m sleepy.

No wonder men don’t have a clue about anything. For them, The Godfather is their Bible, they abide by its rules as if God himself wrote the script.

One thing I do agree with The Godfather is: .. "your business is a little....dangerous”.

Yes it is!
Not an easy task to be a Working commuting housewife with no tolerance for anything other than silence.


I hear you… I’m still hearing you… Mum’s the word.

1 comment: