Facebook

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Who’s right in a married couple’s discussion?

Thanks to my love for Lady Gaga and her incredible songs, I’ve mastered the difficult art of a perfect poker face.

With this incredible attribute I get to maintain a cool composure even though I’m picturing murdering feelings inside my head… and let me tell you, they’re vivid as hell!

Most of the time, these feelings are directed towards impertinent individuals that disturb my gazelle-like travel through life…

Like the lady standing in line in front of me at the supermarket who can’t find his wallet in her over sized purse; or the taxi that stops in the middle of the street to aid a hailing customer; or to our doorman, when he sees me, heavy with groceries, and walks at the pace of a snail towards me to open the door… pretty much everybody in my social and working life has been honoured with my bright imagination; however, in my personal life (being my husband and our dog) the impulse of assassination it’s not frequent - I think my mind gets tired with the over worked daily routine – at least, not enough to arouse suspicions of my interlocutors (namely my husband).

Every time we have a difference of opinion and are trying to get in sync, I think about calming and soothing things to control my building rage.

I mean, how is it possible that he can’t see the things as perfectly and clearly as I see them?

For me it’s obvious that I’m ALWAYS right and in those rare occasions that he gets to have the correct assessment, I prefer to drop dead on the spot rather than to give him the benefit of righteousness.

However, if you’re planning on a happy and long married life together with your hubby, it’s inhumanly possible for them to accept your truth every time; so even though you know you’re right, you’ve to bend a little and give him the winning hand… just for their sake of course.

This doesn’t mean that you can’t rebel about it.

I always use my household tasks as a payback.

When I’m folding his clothes, I make a perfect mess to improve wrinkling, or I put the dirty pillow cover in his side, or I let our dog walk over his pyjamas and then I fold them neatly in his drawer, or I use his shaving machine for my underarms… not that he’s ever going to notice… well, maybe now that I’m confessing in my blog he would be more aware of this little details.

Nonetheless, there has to be a reward for being so unselfish and offer them the precious gift of the last word in a discussion: Yes, Honey!!

Greetings form a non-murdering feelings individual, with the purest heart ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment