Facebook

Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthday presents… not mine…and not an easy task

The secret of why my husband and I get along so well together (beside our awesomeness) is the fact that we’re both Taurus.

Not to crumble your spirits, but this sign is the best one of the Horoscope; what we lack in docility, we compensate with intelligence, affection and an unstoppable desire to succeed in our life.

So, as you can guess, considering that my birthday was last Monday, my husband’s is tomorrow.

I wanted to surprise him at his office so his co-workers could congratulate him and embarrass him, the way he doesn’t like it when it’s his birthday (such a considerate wife I am); so I cracked my skull thinking on innovative ideas to do after almost 7 years together (I can’t imagine what would I give him in 50 more years).

He has a sweet tooth the size of a house, but this craving only gets activated in front of Nutella, Dulce de Leche, Key lime pie or Pecan Pie… neither of those are proper birthday cakes.

Flowers, stuffed animals, chocolates and cup cakes were too girlie, I wanted him embarrassed, but I didn’t want me dead… so I opted for balloons.

In the comfort of my home (whoever came up with online shopping was a lazy SOB whom I love!) I surfed online in the millions of websites that offered Balloon bouquets (you’ve to use the appropriate word) and found the choice that most suited me: lots of colors, and a corny card (if I’m going to do the deed, I wanted to succeed with flying colors – too bad for my Taurus efficiency defect).

I couldn’t pick a regular cake to be sent, so I choose two of his favourites and made another online order for those.

If he wanted to pass overlooked, my gifts didn’t help.

Today, he received the Balloons and confessed that he entered his office from the back door, so nobody would notice the gift. Too bad for him, the bright colors didn’t let him walk by unnoticed.

The cakes arrived later in the morning and all his peers in the office, came by to congratulate him (and to steal a piece, of course!).

So, take note my dear minions, If you want to embarrass your cherished one, until their cheeks are all red and his hears are on fire, then mucho, mucho corny love for him!

1-800-Baloons: www.1-800-balloons.com

Buttercup Cake Shor : www.buttercupbakeshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment