Facebook

Thursday, April 1, 2010

If I could ask for anything, the WILL to exercise would be it!

Supposedly, spring started like ten days ago, but with all the rain and the temperature drop, you would definitely think that we’re still in winter.
The last couple of days we had a huge storm looming above the east coast, so you can imagine how many times do I dared to get out of my house… NONE is the answer.
Today, the sky is clearing bit by bit, it’s not raining anymore, and more importantly, the temperature started to pick up, so it’s a bit nice outside.
However, I have a friend that even thou she weights as much as a feather and we all remind her of that fact every time we see each other, she’s convinced that dieting is the answer to all her prayers, as well as exercising… so she wasn’t satisfied with her state of mind of loosing weight, she most definitely needed someone to be in that state of mind with her.
What a better choice than me? (she though that the “Gall bladder diet” wasn’t enough).
So she decided to turn my life a living hell by inviting me to walk around the Central Park at 10 am in the morning, in a more or less nice day (she couldn’t wait for the spring to finally arrive… a grey day was enough for her) and I would even need to get a bus to go to the meet up place.
For me, exercise is like this boring word that involves doing something even more boring.
I would be completely up for a vaccine to be a sports person; I would even sign up for the testing processes.
But no intelligent scientist has managed to come up with THAT idea; they’re stuck with other more trivial matters while we, the unsporty people are stuck with lies and excuses to evade the outdoors activities that include running, jogging, walking, exercising… and all the others “ing”.
Just so you know, if she would have said: “let’s go to the Central Park and talk while we walk”, it would have been a different situation…
For starters, I would’ve said YES!
But as soon as she included the E word in the sentence, all was doomed for me… everything was black… pitch black!
Blame my father and his convincement that he had three little boys, no matter that every person told him that the long hair, the earrings and the girlie clothes most definitely meant that we were girls!
Well, no biggie… I’ll just have to come up with an excuse in, let’s say, 10 minutes…
Any ideas??

1 comment: