Facebook

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A new member of our “electronic” family is born

I’m neither dead nor kidnapped; I was just acclimating to my new job and time schedules, before I decided to start writing again... don't fret!

As some of you might know, my new job demanded a huge amount of commute time, as well as different types of transportations, all combined to allow me to go back and forth from work.

The peculiarities of this commute was that arriving in time was of the essence if I didn’t want to be left stranded in a deserted industrial NY area, with my husband having a heart attack while waiting for me at home.

So, being that our problem lies in reconciling our gross habits with our net income; we decided to buy our first car… all for the sake of my husband’s health and the improvements of having 10 more hours of leisure every week, of course!

I’m awful with highways and maps, I can manage to learn the perfect grid of Manhattan’s streets but unfortunately, learning a whole new area without getting lost in the process was too difficult for me, so a Navigation system was in order to accommodate my inabilities.

So now we have a talking car, which guides you around, let you know if there’s traffic ahead, where the best parking spots are, if there’s a hot spot restaurant nearby and manages my music.

Doris is the best travel companion ever, if you have seen the Nemo picture, you can guess why we named her that… my stepmom was the one with the idea, and now, Doris became another member of our electronic family, altogether with our 2 iPhones, the iMac, the Mac Book Pro, the Dell laptop, the super efficient refrigerator, our top of the line oven, the miracle worker dishwasher, the AirPort express, our Sony Bravia, the DVD player and our huge printer machine (an inefficient decision from my husband who believes that big is better).

No wonder that we have less time to read, talk, play board games and everything else that could occupy your time if you didn’t have all the other cool stuffs around you that distracts you from the other boring stuffs that earlier generations did before technology led light in our lives.

Thanks god for small favours… and Doris for reducing my commute time 2 hours a day and making my life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment