Facebook

Friday, December 18, 2009

15 hours and a back pain later… we arrived to the sizzling hot summer of Argentina

We arrived at JFK with a temperature below freezing, wrapped in our coats and day dreaming about summer and a warmer weather. As predicted, our suitcase was overweight (13 lb above limit), so we decided to travel with two carry-on valises so the amiable lady in AA wouldn´t charge us USD 50 for it.
That we were over loaded with things was an understatement. My purse weighed two pounds, my husband has one of those Mac laptops that weights a ton, plus our coats, scarves, and a carry-on each of us - that was made to be dispatched in the first place - so my shoulder was killing me!!
As for the cordial lady who checked us in, at that moment she was pleasant enough… until the point when we were boarding the plane and our eight-month-old reservation, with incredible good seats was changed for two seats in the 41 line - two rows before the bathroom - and 250 people before us to get out when we arrived at Buenos Aires; this meant a two hour immigration line (Argentinean airport personnel are really friendly so no comment on that one) and an endless journey home… because, you see, my husband says I deflate during flights, as I go to the bathroom five times (minimum) hence I need an aisle seat, however I prefer the window because I can rest my head in the side panel. So I spent 12 hours jumping over my husband, but as I´m a little clumsy, I always ended butt first onto him … he was sleeping soundly until the moment where I landed flat on his face… and off he started with the cursing, half-awaked as he was…I don´t think he remembers every time this happened (is not as glamorous as I want to be remembered…a girl can dream).
Other thing to consider, is the on-flight entertainment. I was expecting a bunch of premier movies, something to help the time fly faster… we were completely unlucky because ¨Legally Blonde¨ was the only option (a eight hundred dollar ticket and not even a decent movie!); so I grabbed my book (reading is my hobby / fascination / obsession) “Twenties Girl” by Sophie Kinsella (I love her! Her Shopaholic series aren´t as good as her other books) but after ten minutes I started getting dizzy (other side effect that travel – by any transportation – gives me) so I dropped the book and opted for my iPod… after a while I was asleep, but nature calls really often in my department, and sleeping wasn´t as pleasurable for neither of us… me as the affected with the insistent calling of my urinary tract, and my husband as the bystander victim with a wife with early symptoms of temporary urinary incontinence… where would us be when we turn 80 if aging symptoms start now?

So long bone chilling cold!!!
Your 25 year old unemployed house wife on vacation…. Jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment