Facebook

Saturday, December 5, 2009

... and the cold is already here... bummer

If you have lived most of your life in a warm country as I was until last year, when the first snow of the season arrives, it's kind of a "stay in you PJ's and indoors" day.
Don't get me wrong, a few cold days it's good for your skin and for a change of scenery, but please! 6 months!! That's really pushing it mother nature!!
Is in days like today that I snuggle close to my husband, cover myself in one of those fluffy blankets (he gets static electricity from it so he hates it) that I love so much, and day dream about the Caribbean.
I used to live there, but as everything in life, you don't appreciate everything that you have until you loose it, so now I have to comfort myself with the heating system in our apartment to compensate for the lack of heat in this country...pity!
However, my dog loves snow! Can you believe that Buono waits close to the window, with his nose sticked to the glass until the snow ceases, and then he goes outside to the balcony and walks in circles as a crazy man.
I wish I was more like him, waiting... hoping for a cold day; but I'm not that lucky, so today is the first day for the most difficult five months in my life.
They say all you need is love... I need heat!!
Bring in the summer... wishful thinking for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment