Facebook

Friday, December 4, 2009

South Pacific in the Northern Atlantic... and a moody citizen

Living in New York City, gives you the oportunity to always do something different and the theater is a preferred entertainment in the big apple; so yesterday, I got up in my high heels (I hate pointy high shoes), produced myself to look like a "respectable occupied" citizen (when I'm really a "time free" housewife) and went with my husband to the beautifully upgraded Lincoln Center Theater to enjoy the play "South Pacific".
Don't you love New York in autumn? The weather is magnificent and you can walk, and walk... without even getting tired!
The only problem (at least for me) is bumping into so many people on the street that you spend all the time apologizing: excuse me, sorry, opps... sorry, coming through, etc.
Here is me everytime I leave my home: a smile in my face, happy with everybody, holiday cheers bursting out of me...
But then, you start with the apologies, and the bumping, stomping, moving, pushing, sliding, plunging... and the arghhhhh!!!!
So, my face when I return home isn't as nice as it was before... you can use your imagination.

My husband always teases me about my patience (or lack of), if it was for me, I'd teleport to every destination, isn't that easier than this walking thing?
But, either way, I love this city... with its people and everything.

http://www.lct.org/showMain.htm?id=174

No comments:

Post a Comment