Facebook

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The most awaited day is here… Don’t let them get meeeeee!!

Today we're traveling to Argentina and as expected, I'm still receiving last minute requests for "tiny" things to take there.
However, I'm not letting anything ruin my mood because I'm saving patience for the lovely and always so helpful guys of immigrations and customs in the JFK airport... you know, the only ones that are permitted to watch you undress in public without giving you a ticket for inappropriate behavior or disturbance.
They're so cute, whit their long faces and demands... and watch out if you are a Latino; because they're even worse.
My advice when you’re treated as an ignorant and humiliated by their remarks, is to imagine them really tiny in your head… like this tiny man, with his tiny pants and a tiny little voice… that way, I don’t let them get to me; because in my head, I’m the master and commander of him (or not… but I feel much better afterwards).
I’ve decided to travel without a belt (even thou it’s really uncomfortable when your pants start to fall down and you’re, very discreetly, pulling from both sides to get them up again) and with loafers. Ever since I got stuck in line trying to unbuckle while untying my shoes at the same time that I was putting my bag, laptop and cell phone in a bin... while checking for liquids and my nail clipper (which I lost in a bucket full of them)… don't get me wrong, I'm a multi-tasker: while writing this post, I’m travelling in a bus, singing at the pace of my mp3 player (the guy next to me has bad breath and awful music; by his face, I can tell that he hates my voice…louder now… eat that!) and checking the bus stops so I don't miss it.... but the immigration people, just push it to the limit.
I can’t complain thou, because now I can check-in in the first class line (I’m an unemployed frequent flyer… the best kind!) and I don’t have to go throw those small capsules with the pst pst pst pst things of air (my husband loves when I use onomatopoeias) that pull up your hair and your blouse; and I don’t have to open my bag to be scrutinized by them.
So yeah! They’re tiny little people!
And I’m the leader of this pack (of one, big person: myself!).
So if it’s your time to travel also, no belt, no tying shoes, no watch, no creams, no metal accessories, no water, no nail clipper, no tweezers (NO of anything that it isn’t clothes)… and most important: your imagination and the tiny little people in it!!

Next post’s writing destination: Buenos Aires, Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment