Facebook

Monday, December 21, 2009

Beta carotene, suntan, carrots and sunglasses... 4 different words, and "me" as their converging point

After an awful rain on Saturday (I can´t cope with humidity… neither does my hair), we decided to go for a ride in the Delta river with my family and some friends that were visiting as well.
It was a gorgeous day, the sun was up and I was looking forward to lie down quietly and soak in the heat and the wind… and then reality hit and I took in the situation: confined in a 40 feet long boat with 13 people and be able to relax, I mean, am I crazy?
We always have the different music tastes that collide together and leads to a fight for iPod control… reggeaton it´s the preferred choice but who can stand it more than a couple of hours? (No disrespect to Wisin & Yandel, whom I really like!) and then, my father with his 12 years of Caribbean living wants Merengue and Salsa (not the food!), as well as my husband… and I wanted complete silence (why haven´t someone invented a song of “nothing”? It would be a huge success with me as the number one fan!).
13 hungry people and being late to set sail is not a good combination; so besides having to manage the music I had to deal with eating the same thing as the day before; don´t get me wrong, I love Argentinean food, but is variety too much to ask?
With these two mood downers; having a tan with the shape of your sunglasses stuck to your face and the line of the sun block all over your arms was a walk in the park (or hell)… I got home with a raging need to take a cold shower, being red as a shrimp as I was, and not even a cream embalming could calm it…
Why is it that I have to inherit the worst family treats? Why can´t I have a perfect suntan in a smooth brown tone instead of this over-exposed-to-sun white skin (now pink/red)?
I´ll have to wait for it to tone down soaked in a bathtub full of ice… Not even carrots can save me from this!

http://www.allaboutar.com/st_tigre.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment