Facebook

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rockefeller Center and the Lighting of the Tree Ceremony

If you have been living in New York long enough, you know that a must on your list is the assistance to the ceremony of the lighting of the tree in the Rockefeller Center. I can't remember how many people told me: YOU HAVE TO GO!!
So I went...
First of all, let me tell you what a huge effort required on my part, being an awful rainy day, and the prospect of standing for 4 hours wasn't that appealing either; but I was looking forward to meet the presenting artists and performers, so I manned up, and stayed...
Now, I ask myself, for what?
I think that only 400 people that assisted the event, really saw anything... the other 98,000 (according with the news) didn't. Between me and the stage was a sea of umbrellas, a whole police department, a bunch of people clusttered together and the rain drops; besides the awful location of the stage, that it couldn't be seen from every angle.
So, next year, if you are wondering if it is worth it, if you're not going to have VIP passes, then stay at home, turn on your TV and invite some friends... it's going to be much better!!
At least, me and my friends, can say that we, at least, did it one time!!
Now I have the starting of a cold and no one to blame but me...
Come Bach Flowers and comfy little blanket, make me feel better!!

http://www.nyc.com/arts__attractions/rockefeller_center_christmas_tree.1375/editorial_review.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment